Sunday 20 May 2018
Prizes are awarded to the first three male and female place holders in each running event.
No prizes are offered for the walking event. A major spot prize is also announced on the day.
- 1st male & female receive a $200 Running Edge voucher
- 2nd male & female receive a $100 Running Edge voucher
- 3rd male & female receive a $50 Running Edge voucher
- 1st male & female receive a $300 Running Edge voucher
- 2nd male & female receive a $150 Running Edge voucher
- 3rd male & female receive a $100 Running Edge voucher
- 1st male & female receive a $500 Running Edge voucher and $500 cash as well as the GT Briggs memorial trophy.
- 2nd male & female receive a $300 Running Edge voucher
- 3rd male & female receive a $150 Running Edge voucher
Major Spot Prize thanks to RACT Travel
- Major spot prize of RACT Destination Accommodation Package. Participants must be in attendance at the presentation ceremony in order to win.
- All finishers under 2 hours will receive a commemorative medallion.
Age category winners
Graeme Fennell Award – for the recognition of a dedicated and consistent runner
Until 2009 Graeme Fennell had completed every one of the 36 City to Casino Fun Runs – the only person to do so.
On the occasion of the 37th City to Casino Graeme was gravely ill in hospital and was not able to compete – the first time in 37 years. At that time Graeme’s family donated a trophy in his honour to be presented to a runner who has been a long time servant of the event to recognise their dedication and consistency.
Unfortunately Graeme passed away shortly after the 2009 City to Casino.
Graeme epitomised what the City to Casino Fun Run is all about. It is a fun run with an aim to provide a recreational opportunity for the general community.
With the greatest respect to those who win the event, the City to Casino is not about the elite performers. Over the years the organising committee has resisted requests to cater for the top end of the field by inviting ‘name’ athletes to compete. Rather, it is targeted specifically for the mums and dads and their kids. Generations of families have participated in the annual pilgrimage to Wrest Point.
Graeme was not an elite performer but he trained hard, raced hard and enjoyed his running, especially his annual test in the City to Casino.
Those who win the trophy cherish it for it recognises them as a worthy recipient of an award named in the honour of the most dedicated of them all – Graeme Fennell.
2017 David Emmett
2016 Stephen Fenton
2015 Paul Riseley
2014 Phil Hniat
2013 Bob Weldon
2012 Janet Upcher
2011 David Cresswell
2010 Stan Harrex
2009 Bob Robertson
Looking for your photos?
You can check them out here
Without the generous support of these organisations this event would not be possible.