Approval has been received from the Director of Public Health for the 48th City to Casino Fun Run & Walk (the Event) to proceed following the development of an appropriate Safety Plan for this level 3 event. This approval is subject to the Check in TAS app being used to record all attendee details.
Please read the following carefully to see how the contents of the Safety Plan will impact on your participation in the Event.
- First and foremost, each participant 16 years and over will be required to ‘check in’ via the Check in Tas App. A QR code has been obtained for the Event and will be published on the Event website. Additionally, an email containing the QR code will be sent to each participant in the final days before race day to enable check in to occur prior to attending for the Event. The QR code will also be available at several locations at the Event starts. Family or friendship groups checking in on the day are encouraged to register as a group rather than as individuals to reduce queuing. For those without a smartphone or other electronic device, a sign in register will be available on race day, or alternatively, have a friend sign you in using the App.
- If you are unwell on the day of the Event, especially if you have cold or flu-like symptoms, please stay home. If you become unwell during the Event, withdraw, isolate and await the arrival of the ambulance which will be following each Event for instruction.
- Social distancing is to be practised as far as possible. Most of the assembly areas are spacious, so spread out. Actual start lines will not formally open until approximately 5 minutes before race start to avoid close congregation.
- Please adopt the hygienic practices that we have all become accustomed to – cough or sneeze into your arm, maintain 1.5m separation, avoid physical contact, no spitting or nasal discharge at any stage. Do not share drinks.
- Please observe the queuing requirements and the directions of marshals for race number pick up, for toilets and Event-related bus transport.
- Sanitiser will be available at number pick up, toilet areas and other areas at race starts.
- Those who are able to are encouraged to pick up their race number from The Running Edge (73 Murray Street, Hobart) in the days leading up to the Event (keep an eye on this website and social media to find to when numbers are ready for collection).
- At the finish, please keep moving through the finish chute. Medals will be selfcollect. Bottled water and fruit will be available at the end of the chute.
- You will be requested to leave the Wrest Point Casino finish site as soon as it is practical for you to do so. To facilitate this, there will be no formal presentation ceremony this year. Placegetter awards will take place in a closed ceremony. Other awards will be mailed out.
- The major spot prize will be randomly drawn and the winner advised.
- Non-essential spectators should not attend.
A Covid-19 Site Controller has been appointed for each race start to oversee the implementation of the Safety Plan on Event Day. That person and other event volunteers will be wearing hi-vis vests. Please follow their directions.
This year’s event is going ahead only because of the conditions outlined above. Only your co-operation and observance of these will ensure that the Event will receive similar approval, should it be required, in 2022.
Don’t forget it is an 8am start this year!